Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My how the years have flown.

Have you ever had one of those moments when you just start to realize how far you've come in life? I mean I'm only 20 and I feel like I'm getting old. People I went to elementary school are starting to have kids and get married. It's ridiculous. But I guess that's just how the world works these days. The world we live in today is a strange place. It's ever-changing and it's kind of terrifying in a way. No one knows where we're headed as a nation, as a society or as a planet. When we were kids, we didn't really know or care. It wasn't a world of cell phones and internet. It was a world of go outside and play kickball, or read a book. When I was a kid, I'd play outside til y mum yelled for me to come in, or I got too cold from the snow. I'd go to the library and take out as many books as I could, and read forever. And if one of my friends called, it wasn't for any reason other than to just say hey. And 'just saying hey' would turn into the funniest 2 hour conversation about nothing. Those were simpler times. And I for one, miss them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment